Here at Memo, transparency is one of our core values— we believe it's essential to being a responsible company. We've gone fully transparent for a number of reasons:
We update this page quarterly. Last update: September 2022.
• Our first full year in operation.
• Began as a public education program with goal of teaching users about digital citizenship.
• Quickly realized that in order to keep pricing accessible, we needed another profit centre.
• Spent the final quarter talking to other startups and building our corporate programs.
• Made no money or impact, but learned a lot.
• Made a huge pivot to a social enterprise business model (see below for details).
• Shifted our whole focus to the new corporate programs to get engine running.
• Began an active sales program.
• Realized we did not like a traditional sales program, set out to find an alternative.
• Officially became a profitable company!
As a philosophy, we don't overmeasure. If it doesn't mean anything to our business, we don't pay attention to it. We only collect data when it's useful.
Here's the plan: We make money by consulting on responsible innovation practices in corporations. Then we use a portion of that profit to both reinvest in our public education programs (to allow them to be financially accessible), and donate to charities addressing the digital divide. Win-win-win.
We're committed to building an equitable financial ecosystem, not a profit vacuum.
Tools + Ops